Yom Kippur 2015 – Now Is the Set Time to Favor Zion
Share this with friends and family:
When I remember observing Yom Kippur, or the Day of Atonement, as a traditional Jew for the first 30 years of my life, I have an even greater appreciation for God’s grace.
The fasting from food and water was not pleasant, but the family dinners were great fun when we broke our fast.
Yom Kippur is the only day the synagogues are jammed. Jews fast and pray, repent and give money to charity to atone for their sin. But according to the Torah, money, prayers and fasting do not atone for sins on Yom Kippur.
Atonement of Sin Requires a Blood Sacrifice
The Torah is clear that blood is necessary for atonement of sin! God says in Leviticus 17:11, “…for it is the blood that makes atonement for the soul.” And the animal sacrifices had to be in the Temple in Jerusalem. Since the Temple was destroyed in A.D. 70, we cannot have our sins atoned for unless God gave us a better way.
Thank God for the Lamb of God who laid down His life for our atonement of sin. And the better covenant with better promises not only atones for our sins, but wipes the slate clean, and then gives us the grace (God’s enabling power) to have victory over sin.
The most graphic description of the Messiah in the Jewish Scriptures is found in Isaiah 53. This was written 800 years before Jesus came to earth.
Even my Orthodox Jewish father, who was taught that you can’t be Jewish and believe in Jesus, recognized that Isaiah 53 was talking about Jesus.
Few Are Reaching the Jewish People with the Gospel
Sadly, Isaiah 52 and 54 are read aloud in the synagogues, but the devil has made sure Isaiah 53 is eliminated. It is in the Jewish Scriptures, but not in the regular synagogue readings. This is the first attack on Jewish people.
Then the second attack is that Christians have stopped sharing the Gospel with us.
This is why our ministry is doing everything possible to share with Jewish people worldwide using every available form of media:
- We have distributed over 2.8 million Jewish evangelistic books to mostly Jewish families throughout the world.
- We are now in the process of distributing 1 million booklets to Christians on how to share and why to share the Messiah with Jewish people.
- We have Jewish evangelistic websites in English, Russian and Hebrew.
- Many unsaved Jewish people watch my TV show.
- Jewish people have a God-given zeal for the supernatural. I conduct direct Jewish evangelism with my lectures on the supernatural worldwide.
- We are equipping Christians through our TV show, school of ministry and our new publishing house to be naturally supernatural. Because the best way to reach Jews and Muslims is by demonstrating the Kingdom and earning the right to present the King.
Why Jewish Evangelism Now?
Because this is the set time to favor Zion. God has removed the spiritual scales from Jewish eyes. Jewish people are now open to the Gospel. As the world becomes increasingly anti-Jewish, the only safe place for a Jew is in Messiah Jesus. I have put my life on the line so all Israel will be saved.
Will you help me with a Yom Kippur offering?
Blessed Yom Kippur
Sid Israel Roth