Preparation For Healing
Brother William Freeman
Brother Freeman had one of the most anointed healing ministries of the twentieth century. He taught that a person seeking prayer for healing must study to prepare his/her mind to receive it. The issues he laid out as most important to study are presented in his book, How To Receive and Maintain Your Healing, preserved by Rev. John Carver. The summary chapter excerpted below.
“Preparation For Healing”
In concluding this book, we would like to summarize the entire thought of receiving your healing into a few paragraphs, so that the principal thoughts of receiving your healing can be brought afresh to your mind and heart. As we have previously stressed, your faith for healing must be based exclusively on the Word of God, and we shall base each of our thoughts on the authority of God’s word.
Since “faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Romans 10:17), then we must remember the importance of the afternoon services where instruction is given from the Word of God on the entire subject of divine healing. Become thoroughly grounded and rooted in the Biblical teaching of divine healing by not only hearing the word brought to you, but also study it out for yourself.
1. Healing for your body is part of the Atonement, and we urge you to stand firmly upon this assurance. “But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities, the chastisement of our peace was upon Him, and WITH HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.” Isaiah 53:5. and “Him-self took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses.” Matthew 8:17.
2. You must definitely understand that sickness is Satan’s oppression. “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” Acts 10:38.
3. Be absolutely convinced that it is God’s will to heal you. “No good thing will He withhold from them that walk up-rightly.” Psalms 84:11. “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” III John 2.
4. If your faith is weak, we urge you to attend several services before being prayed for, so that you might see what God is doing, and as you see blind eyes opened, deaf ears unstopped, the lame walk, and people healed of all manner of disease and affliction, your faith will mount and rise. Quite often, a day of prayer and fasting is helpful in building your faith.
5. Completely surrender your life to the service of the King, and present your body a living sacrifice unto God. Selling out to God is only your reasonable service, as a follower of the Lord, for Paul said: “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.” Romans 12:1. And, my friend, when we think of the many mercies of God towards us—salvation for our souls, healing for our bodies, and so many, many other blessings that God does bestow upon us—the Lord truly deserves our all in all.
6. When you are prayed for, don’t doubt or waver, but come with simple, child-like faith, believing that what God has promised, that will He do. When you come to the Lord for healing for your body, come humbly and reverently, with the realization that you are standing in the presence of the great God of heaven.
7. After you have been prayed for, go your way praising God for what he has done. Don’t become discouraged if a miracle isn’t wrought on your body but thank and praise God and you will find that the condition will improve every day. Failure to testify will no doubt result in the loss of that healing. When you signed the prayer card, you promised to send your testimony, so be sure to keep that promise.
8. No doubt Satan will attempt to come back with some symptom of that old affliction, but resist the devil and he will flee from you.
To view the complete book visit Rev. John Carver’s website at: www.johncarverministries.org.