The Lord builds up Jerusalem; He gathers the exiles of Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” Ps 147: 2-3
FACEBOOK SHUTS DOWN FATAH’S PAGE: Facebook on Monday shut down the page of Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas’ party Fatah, apparently over a picture of its former leader Yasser Arafat with a weapon. The accounts of the 12 administrators of the page, which had 70,000 followers, were also suspended for 30 days. A photo of Arafat holding a rifle that belonged to an Israeli soldier abducted in the 1980s by Palestinian Arab terrorists in Beirut, which had been featured on the page, was attached to the message from Facebook. Standing next to Arafat is Mahmoud al-Alul, who was recently elected Fatah deputy chairman. Israel has asked Facebook to stop the online incitement by Palestinian Arabs, which is directly responsible for much of the terror wave of the past year. The Knesset last month advanced the “Facebook Law” that would allow a court to order companies such as Facebook to remove material considered “incitement”. This past year, Israel filed 158 requests to remove inciting content on Facebook, and 13 requests to YouTube, which is owned by Google. Around 95% of the requested content was removed from Facebook, while YouTube agreed to remove 80% of the content. (INN) Thank you intercessors for your prayers that media and social network incitement to anti-Semitism and violence against Israel is being addressed.
EGYPT DEPORTS SENIOR FATAH OFFICIAL: Egyptian airport security on Monday denied entry to senior Palestinian Authority official Jibril Rajoub and deported him, sources at Cairo airport said. Rajoub, a confidant of PA chairman Mahmoud Abbas and a high-ranking member of the central committee of Abbas’ Fatah movement, was told he was on a no-entry list and put on a flight to Jordan, the sources said. There was no reason given for the deportation of Rajoub. Fatah official Monir al-Jaghoub said on his Facebook page that Rajoub had been invited by the Arab League to attend a conference in Cairo on terrorism. After learning that Rajoub had been refused entry to the country on the orders of the Egyptian intelligence services, the Palestinian delegation withdrew from the event, Jaghoub wrote. Rajoub is a former head of PA intelligence who now leads the Palestinian Football Association and is responsible for efforts to have Israel sanctioned by FIFA. Rajoub has in the past said that Jews deserved the genocide inflicted on them by the Nazis, and prior to that declared that if the PA had a nuclear bomb, it would use it against Israel. (Reuters/INN)
ISRAEL WILL NOT ALLOW ‘DRIZZLE’ OF ROCKET FIRE FROM ENEMIES: PM Netanyahu on Monday reiterated his warning that Israel will not allow any “drizzle” of rocket fire on its territory from enemy entities. “We respond to all fire at our territory; thus we did today and as such we will do in the future,” the premier underscored hours after a projectile launched by terrorists exploded in an open field in southern Israel overnight. Meanwhile, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman stated that while Israel has no plans of initiating any military action in Gaza, “we have no intention to continue to absorb drizzles of rockets out of the Strip. We will not get into a ping-pong situation of fire and counter-fire. I suggest Hamas take responsibility, impose order and calm down,” Lieberman said. In retaliation to the strike, the IDF struck multiple Hamas terror targets in Gaza as the military holds the Palestinian terror group responsible for any fire originating from the Strip. There have been several rockets launched at southern Israel in February, including two incidents in which the ISIS group in the Sinai fired a barrage of rockets towards the southern city of Eilat. Three of the projectiles were intercepted by the Iron Dome missile system while a fourth landed in open territory. (J.Post)
AT LEAST 15 HAMAS TUNNELS EXTEND INTO ISRAEL: The Gaza-based terror group Hamas has at least 15 attack tunnels that reach into Israeli territory, according to an Israel Channel 2 report aired this week, quoting unnamed sources in the high-level security cabinet. Sunday’s announcement on the new cross-border tunnels came two days ahead of the scheduled publication of a state comptroller report on the 2014 Gaza war. Leaked copies of the report have been highly critical of the army’s failures to prepare adequately for the threat of Hamas tunnels, and chastise the political leadership for improperly managing the war effort. Israel’s 50-day campaign against Hamas in Gaza, known in Israel as Operative Protective Edge, began as a predominantly aerial campaign in response to repeated rocket attacks from the Strip, similar to the 2012 Operation Pillar of Defense. But after Hamas made use of its tunnel network to carry out attacks inside Israel, the focus shifted to tackling the subterranean threat. Although some 34 tunnels were destroyed during the campaign, Hamas has invested considerable resources rehabilitating its network of attack tunnels over the past few years. The IDF has also sought to improve its ability to counter the threat since the 2014 conflict. (Times of Israel) Pray that Israel will take immediate action to destroy these tunnels.
PALESTINIAN TERROR LEADER URGES IRAN TO JOIN ‘ALL-OUT WAR’ ON ISRAEL: Ahmad Jibril, leader of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine-General Command, days ago told Hezbollah’s Al-Mayadeen TV that his group wants “to see the revolutionary fighters from Iran in the Galilee.” His remarks were translated by watchdog group MEMRI earlier this week. Jibril spoke of creating “an axis of resistance” against Israel that would include Syria, Iraq, Iran and Hezbollah – all devoted to “the liberation of Palestine from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan River.” He added, “The war with this enemy will be an all-out war in the Golan, in South Lebanon, in the Galilee and will be waged from Rosh Hanikra to Aqaba. Hezbollah is getting ready for it, and so are we.” Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah on Monday 27, Feb. 2017 doubled down on his recent saber-rattling against Israel and warned that his terror group would not hold back from attacking sensitive Israeli targets if the Jewish state goes to war with Lebanon. During a television interview with Iran’s state-run Islamic Republic News Agency, the terror chief repeated a previous threat to fire rockets at Israel’s nuclear reactor in Dimona and at a huge ammonia storage tank in Haifa. Hezbollah will not keep to any “red lines” in a future war with Israel, Nasrallah cautioned. (Times of Israel) Pray according to scripture: “Scatter the nations that delight in war.” Ps 68:30
ADL’S SAN FRANCISCO OFFICE EVACUATED AFTER BOMB THREAT: The Anti-Defamation League’s San Francisco office was evacuated following a bomb threat on Monday, 27 Feb. 2017, one of more than 20 such threats made against Jewish institutions around the country in just one day. The office was evacuated after a caller told a staff member at 4:19 p.m. local time that an explosive device had been hidden in the building. More than 20 other anti-Semitic incidents, including bomb threats against Jewish schools and community centers, were reported around the USA on Monday. The incidents spanned 12 states. ADL officials say the threats Monday constitute the fifth recent wave of bomb threats and other forms of harassment against Jewish institutions. Some 90 threats and attacks on Jewish cemeteries and community centers have been registered since the beginning of 2017. “One threat or evacuation is one too many, and yet we’ve now seen more than 20 incidents in a single day not just to ADL, but to children’s schools and community centers – and more than 90 incidents since the start of this year,” said ADL CEO Jonathan A. Greenblatt. “The level of threats and incidents is astounding, and must not stand. We will do everything in our power to combat this wave of anti-Semitism.” In addition to the recent rash of bomb threats, a number of Jewish cemeteries have been vandalized over the past two weeks. (Arutz-7)
SESSIONS: ‘BOMB THREATS AGAINST JEWS ‘VERY SERIOUS’: US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said on Monday, 27 Feb. 2017 that recent bomb threats against Jewish groups are “unacceptable”. Sessions called the threats a “very serious and destructive practice”. Earlier on Monday, Jewish community centers and Jewish day schools across the United States received bomb threats, the fifth wave of such threats in less than two months. Paul Goldenberg, director of the Secure Community Network (SCN), said shortly after reports of the bomb threats began coming in that his organization was working closely with the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI to identify the perpetrators and stop the threats. SCN is an affiliate of the Jewish Federations of North America that advises Jewish groups and institutions on security. Dozens of JCCs and Jewish schools have received bomb threats since 9 Jan. 2017 forcing the evacuation of hundreds, including preschool children, from the buildings. Two Jewish cemeteries have been recently vandalized. Nearly 200 headstones were knocked over in a Jewish cemetery in St. Louis. In another incident, dozens of headstones were toppled in a Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia. White House press secretary Sean Spicer said on Monday that President Donald Trump is “deeply disappointed and concerned” by recent anti-Semitic incidents. “The cowardly destruction in Philadelphia this weekend comes on top of similar accounts from Missouri and threats made to Jewish community centers around the country. The President continues to condemn these and any other form of anti-Semitic or hateful acts in the strongest terms,” he added. (Arutz-7)
WILL USA JEWS MOVE TO ISRAEL? ANTI-SEMITISM, HATE CRIMES TO INCREASE IMMIGRATION ISRAELI POLITICIAN HERZOG PREDICTS: With anti-Semitic attacks in the United States on the rise, a prominent Israeli politician said this week he thought American Jews could flood into Israel. Isaac Herzog, leader of the opposition party, urged PM Netanyahu to create an emergency plan to welcome large numbers of immigrants amid such instances in the US and France. “I wish to express my shock and condemnation of the outbreak of anti-Semitic incidents in the United States, France and other places around the world,” Herzog said during a party meeting. “I call on the government to urgently prepare and establish and emergency national program for the possibility that we will see waves of our Jewish brothers immigrating to Israel.” There have been frequent anti-Semitic incidents following the election of President Donald Trump. Consider just the past few days: multiple Jewish Community Centers and schools received bomb threats while numerous headstones were damaged at Jewish cemetery in Philadelphia. “I am sure that the US government will do all it can to put an end to this phenomenon.” Herzog said of the anti-Semitic incidents. (International Business Times) “’Behold, I will send for many fishermen,’ says the Lord, ‘and they shall fish them; and afterward I will send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain and every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.’” Jer 16: 16
The suggestions, opinions and scripture references made by JNN writers and editors are based on the best information received.
Blessings from Jerusalem,
Barry Segal with the Editorial Staff